Orders sort, move button and follow row

Dear all,
I please ask you how to have a similar situation during the order taking

I try to evaluate samba for an italian restaurant,
and the taking order is quite complex:
Italian waiters for years took the order by pen, and they usually “mark a line” to set what has to be delivered as first/second/third dish.
and mayhappen that an appetizer mey be ordered as second dish.
so I’m searching for a method to:

1. insert a line to mark what are the first dishes to be delivered
  2. have the possibility to move UP/down a selected item ( because italian clients may change many time the ideas during the ordening phase
    PS: using order tags is quite complex, so I please ask for another solution
    Thanks in Advance,
    Best REgards
1 Like

You can’t draw a line. Do a forum search for courses there are plenty of discussions on this. I would provide a link but I’m on my phone and it’s hard to copy paste links from phone.

1 Like

I havn’t done a tutorial on my courses method yet but a rough sumary of how I handle is;

Product/Item Tag = Kitchen Course

Rule of Order Added with Constraint of {ITEM TAG:Kitchen Course} IS NOT NULL with action for update order state KitchenCourse with {ITEM TAG:Kitchen Course}

Order State Updated Rule where State name = Kitchen Course

Constraint of status = new should prevent submitted orders being changed.

Added the ability to change courses from the preset values using an automation command;

The only issue with the change course setup is that the order list doesn’t refresh after changing state & group.
My work arround was to automatically add and then cancel a ‘dummy’ product.

The product would be any product but just added a dummy zero price product;

2 Likes

This gives the following flow;

There are a couple of ‘querks’ with the sort order of the groups. They will be ordered by the add time of the oldest order in the group.

HOWEVER the order for Starter, Main and Dessert would be fixed on the kitchen print template so they will defiantly print in that order on the printed ticket.

1 Like

thank you, I’ll try it!
anyway the best of best is to change with “one click”:
1 click-> change-course-@-mains
1 click-> change-course-@-appertizer

That would depend on your setup, I used command values to keep space for future buttons, you could have button per course option or use toggle values but toggle values is not my preference for this option.
You could use order tags rather than states so that you have the course options within the tags screen.
You could make it complex and have a toggle value automation command which sets the current course into a program setting and not define a course per product and just make it so any order is added to the current course setting.
You could be creative and define a move forward and move back buttons which would update depending on the current course, options are numerous :grinning:
This option I feel gives a good balance of flexibility without getting too complex and having many rules for a feature which in my case would not be used that regularly.

2 Likes

I tried but:
jpg3:: I don’t have Generic Update Order state ( I loaded from actions, but doesn’t have all those filed)
jpg4: I don’t have Update order group with all those fileds

Thank you so much: it works!
now the problem will be print properly, but in case I’ll open a new ticket.
Thank you.

Hi, I need this solution, anyone have a solution for this…

Maybe if you explain why there may be alternative solution.
On screen orders will be listed in the ticket in order they are added.

1 Like

ok, but if a customer first orders a steak and maybe the whole order table of the food, then they remember they want an appetizer, I can not clear everything again and put the appetizer first and the steaks later, I have to be able to move the appetizer at the top of the kitchen list … I do not know if I explained well …

Ok, so it’s what I would have guessed.
You can group and order on the kitchen print…

1 Like

There is also a way to group on screen, it only works for ‘current new orders’ and won’t group on screen with already submitted orders but helps.

1 Like

I’ve seen this … but the basic system is different so it’s a solution that you can not apply to my method. I try to explain, in Italy the dishes are divided by category, Appetizers, First courses, Second courses, etc. the client orders a sequence of dishes that are served at different times, one after the other not all the dishes in a single solution and maybe a person can mix the portions as he likes, customer ordering does not always follow the same order ie early appetizers. Then you use a line to separate the dishes in the direct order of the kitchen. Here we come to the problem, if during the order with the customer, say at the end of the same, he wants to add a plate to be inserted between one row and another one in the order. I have to be able to select the new dish and move it up in the order list.

I thought something tied to variables. When we type in to select dishes, they are placed in the time order in which the button is pressed. now, can I create an action that changes that variable so that in the kitchen printing that plate is brought to a different position?

You can do that.
I have setup mine to use a custom order state for the grouping both on screen and on print.
All products are setup with a ‘default’ course state which is whats applied on order adding.
I then setup a automation command with ask question on order level which updates/changes the course state and grouping.
My senario was more simple but customer wants a starter as a main to come with the other mains or a child wants a main but to come with the adults starters.
Im sure I went in to some depth on the forum somewhere while I was working on it.

1 Like

Now I try this . Many thanks @JTRTech

You have a small demo of this ?.

Pretty sure t was this topic;

1 Like