Re-open Settled Ticket & Cancel Payments

Can you post a screenshot of button mapping?

already solved my problem at Re Open Settled Ticket Button… i just relog-in my account… then its ok now… but my problem now is the refund… did not appear… i think i need to review my work one by one at the refund set up

once the payment is made and we reopen the ticket to void, or give discount how can we reflect the changes on the receipt. that is to show how much change we are giving from previous tendered amount.

You would have to build that automation. This tutorial is not an advanced refund it’s simply cancell payments and resettle. Aka you give all money back make your changes and they pay you again.

If your storing payments and change in ticket tags it wouldn’t be too hard.

storing CC ticket tag information as @QMcKay tutorial indicate but not for Cash

unless we store the item price that we cancelled after reopening settled ticket that can be displayed RIGHT!!!

You can’t cancel payment before you reopen settled ticket. You also can’t cancel orders without reopen settled ticket.

got your point i knew this was talking about the button also…i am working on it …will update in a short while

1 Like

how to subtract two ticket tag value

can help with the syntax
i am trying this but seems wrong to me
[=F(TN(’{TICKET TAG:TND}’)) - F(TN(’{TICKET TAG:Refund}’))]

and how to show if ticket tag is not null have some value in it:
like this: [=F(TN(’{TICKET TAG:Refund}’))]!=0

working on it

Try this:

[=F(TN('{TICKET TAG:TND}')-TN('{TICKET TAG:Refund}'))]

Your trying too hard. Try this:

'{TICKET TAG:Refund}' != ' '

Though I am not an expert on Action constraints. @QMcKay might be able to shed more light on that.

this is what i have achieved so far
set rules on reopen settled ticket and payment processed
action: update ticket tag
after settling reopened ticket:
the ticket tag RBal has the change to be given

there are two issues with this:
–when payment is first settled the RBal tag gets its val that’y i was asking for the constraint
–the bill should be printed with the Rbal tag with the constraint as well

He is still here just very busy.

help needed with the the constraint

I am not sure what your referring too. Constraint for what and why:?

i have posted my working with screenshots and the issue above you may go through

manage to get my point?

@Jesse i am very close now just need to put a constraint to know whether ticket tag:refund has been updated or not meaning does it have a value

ok i have manage to achieve the desired result somehow…eventhough i might be doing some extra stuff or complex way.
when i re-open a settled ticket and void,gift, discount any item…i wanted to print the refund amount on the bill.
actions:

rules:

bill template:

[<J00>|Refund:|   ${TICKET TAG:RBal}]

Hello,

I have gone through this whole post 5 or 6 times now, I still cannot seem to get the re-open ticket button to show as clickable.

I even set the Mapping to BLANK for Enables States, But still nothing.

Edit: Nevermind…i messed up, All working fine now Thanks

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Refund Transactions Question

A post was split to a new topic: How do I void Tips after using Re-open settled ticket and cancel payments