Receipt printer margins problem with Document Printer

No seems like I was a little late to post it to server. It will be released on next update.

1 Like

Just updated to latest build. So now it removes the left margin but the width of printing is the same (i.e. the right margin is now larger and document not centred now).

Compared to before change:

This is what printer driver reports as the printable page size. If you use a different printer (for example XPS printer) you can see it adjusts itself for the page size.

From your comparison I think changing margins from auto to zero was not a good idea.

I agree, this looks worse. If it can’t be improved I think it’s best to put it back like it was before.

Yes I know XPS printer will fit to width.

Is there another setting we can tweak to ensure it is printing to 100% of the available page width?

I found this before:

Having it reduce size is not what you’d want for a receipt, but what is happening differently when you set “Fit to page” on the custom printer? Is there something similar that can be enabled in the FlowDocument.

Do you have PagePadding="0" set?

Also found this, possibly this might be causing it, because we don’t know the page size?

But of course you can’t make assumptions as to what the page size would be. Just thought I’d share the above to see if anything is there that can be implemented.

Most inkjet printers available width is larger than the actual page width. To be able to do what you want we need to configure page dimensions, margins, etc from SambaPOS and entirely override driver’s page settings. That is not a simple thing to implement for now.

You can try to adjust page width from driver’s settings.

Mark I believe this is not a correct way to find solutions to issues. Not to waste your time leave finding related stackoverflow topics to me.

Sorry I was just trying to understand more about it myself and just shared what I found.

I tried this before when I was testing, there is no control over this.

I just thought it was some parameter being set in the document being printed. What is frustrating is if I print to XPS either using Print to XPS or your custom document printer, then print from XPS Viewer, it is fitting to page but making it very small - but it uses the whole width. That is why I thought there might have been an easier way of doing it rather than having to set override values for page size in SambaPOS, which I agree is unnecessary. All I was hoping for was to get rid of the excessive margins.

I guess it must be doing “fit to page” but resizing height to fit on the 80mm width.

Printed via Document Printer then XPS Viewer:

I think it is best to have it centred on the page like it was previous if can’t be fixed, as like you say left aligned with the extra right margin looks worse.

Doesn’t it have a setting something like that?

It does but all same width of the roll.

So SambaPOS adjusts width to 72.1 mm. hmm…

Did you tried editing page size from Print Management?

I was going to say whats with the 72.1? 8mm is 10% the photos look like they are less than 72mm printed width although rough thumb on screen on one that is printed to the left does give about 1 thumb on aprox 8 thumb for overall paperwidth width.
Have you tried just generic text or other drivers?

Something weird just happened. I can’t point exactly to what, but I got an error message when trying to connect to printer. I reinstalled driver and restarted my system, now it prints perfectly… :slight_smile: :confused:

I am going to test on another system with a different printer, the one we sell. The one I test on is not a model we sell.

Other printer works fine first time…

Very strange how it didn’t work before, but works now on a new system I was just setting up so that’s what matters.

2 Likes

I have had a strange printer error on cancel order. I’ve only seen it pop up once today. I am not sure what it was I’ll check logs later.

We’re all having printer issues lol

1 Like

Hi @markjw Could you tell me how to fix that margins?

Upgrade to v5.2.14 then the margins are reduced by default.

2 Likes

Thank you :grinning: