Set menu bundle

Hi,

I am new to SambaPOS. Here is what I want to do:

• I want to create a lunch set menu with starter, main course and dessert
  • each menu item has its own price but if the customer select the set menu, they will get a discount

example: 1xstarter is $2, 1x main course is $8, 1x dessert is $2

if the customer choose the set menu the bundled price will be $10 instead of $12

Pls help

Hi @neko.
There are atleast two ways to do this. The first which is to use Order Tags will be best answered by @Isaac, as his setup is very detailed and works extremely well.

The second is to use Rules & Actions to basically count the number of Starters & Mains and add Desserts at zero cost because they are bundled. Basically, if you select 1x Starter & 1x Main, when you select a Dessert it will be free. Select another Dessert and you are charged $2.
Effectively, buy a Starter & Main and get a Dessert for free.

1 Like

@johns is there any examples of setting this up with Rules & Actions as mentioned [quote=“JohnS, post:2, topic:1396”]
The second is to use Rules & Actions to basically count the number of Starters & Mains and add Desserts at zero cost because they are bundled. Basically, if you select 1x Starter & 1x Main, when you select a Dessert it will be free. Select another Dessert and you are charged $2.Effectively, buy a Starter & Main and get a Dessert for free.
[/quote]

cheers

Rob

thanks @JohnS

I have read the Order Tags tutorial but still don’t see it fit to the setup yet as the items are the real menu items which we need to count in the accounting.

Any other option to create a group of items and fill in later?

@Isaac can you help with an Order Tag solution please.
I will create a Rules & Action solution.

Hi @JohnS

Sure, if I can. We need a better understanding of @neko workflow.

A simple setup will be to create a product called SET MENU set the price at $10 and create a order tag group, with order tag prefixis Starters, Mains and Desserts. See screenshot:

The above will work great and is very simple to setup thanks to the prefix feature added to order tags. @Neko try the above and let us know if this works for you?

Or he can have a product called SET STARTER and when this is selected we can use a COMBO to add a SET MAINS and a SET DESSERT. You will then use the portions within the product to define the possible options. i.e Desserts will have Apple Pie, Fudge Cake etc.

1 Like

Rules & Actions Method.

This setup assumes you have 3 Product Groups called Starter, Main & Dessert. And that we are giving away a free Dessert with every Starter & Main ordered.

Actions

Create counters for Starters & Mains.

Rules

Create a Rule to reset counters at start of a new ticket

Increase count for each item added to order

Add free Dessert if a Starter & Main have been added

Now we handle items being cancelled

The end result :smiley:

3 Likes

@Johns BRILLIANT! just what I needed - been struggling with this for ages!

Thank you @JohnS . Will test this but a quick question: does it handle more than 1 combo?

Thanks @Isaac it is clear but I wonder if the items in the prefix starters/mains/dessert are actually menu items? Or they are just a tags?

1 Like

@neko, the setup handles many combos there is no limit.
For every Starter & Main selected it lets you select a Dessert for free.

The only catch is that it works only for the current order. That is you need to select a Starter, Main & Dessert in one go, because if you open the ticket again to add more items it resets the counters. Not an issue in most situations.

Update - I have created an updated version (http://forum.sambapos.com/t/set-menu-bundle/1396/13?u=johns) which uses Ticket Tags to store course counts.

1 Like

Order Tag items can be assigned to products for inventory tracking.

1 Like

Rules & Actions Method #2 - Ticket Tags.

Similar to the above solution, but this uses Ticket Tags to store course counts which allows you to open and closed tickets without loosing the counts.

Actions

Create Ticket Tag counters for Starters & Mains

Rules

Rule to Reset Ticket Tag counters at the start of a new ticket

Increase counters as Starters & Mains are added to the ticket

Add a free Dessert if atleast 1 Starter & Main have been added

Now we handle if items are cancelled

Screen Shots

3 Likes

@JohnS
What about when the waiter enters the free item before the starters or mains. Is there a way to convert the item added before to free after the main and starter conditions are met?

Also, for this Ticket Tag method can I hide that Ticket Tag. I dont want those to show up in the kitchen if the waiter enters an actual ticket tag with prep instructions.

Also, I can see free drink fraud going on here. Waitress can add a combo in my case add the free drink then remove the combo. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks