Setting Up System For a Restaurant? (Adding up 2nd Terminal)

Pretty sure you will have to make the username the same or add Green Olive 2 to the autherised users in SQL.
@Jesse can you confirm?

1 Like

Or set it to run mixed mode and create a specific user for that terminal.

Hi everybody. I try to set up client PC to connect main PC maybe in the future i need it.
I use Win8.1
I set all settings up but when i try to connect, client PC does not it gives error. I check all my settings and read all topics but i did not manage.
The two PC at my home now, i connected wi-fi with my PCs. Do i need set network to connect both PCs each other or wi-fi connection enough?
Also i connect SQL with Windows authe… Do i need with SQL server authe…

Have seen few people struggle with windows auth on 8.1.
Think it’s because of windows trying to get you to use Microsoft account rather than traditional local user.
You would need to be sure the server gives access to the user of the client pc.
Easiest option is to enable mixed mode and set a single user and password.
There was a post the other day explaing how to do that.
Other points.
Test if you can ipf server from client, if not a network issue most likely. Try host name and IP address if fails, if ip works and host name doesn’t it’s a DNS issue, but you can bypass with host file or I believe use IP in connection string.
While testing if trouble connecting disable firewall on server machine - if works it’s firewall causgin problem.

1 Like

I tried but not succeded… I make TCP/IP enable. I tried to connect with IP…My main PC firewall close, SQL running…But there is connection string error

Can you ping the server machine from the client?

So sorry what does ping mean?? How can i do that?

Yes my sever PC working well there is not any problem. Only client PC… My server PC Ip is 192.168.1.105
and from my client pc i write ping 192.168.1.105 the result is above

You can test SQL Server connectivity outside SambaPOS with this simple trick. If you can connect via UDL SambaPOS setup will be quite easier.

So network connection seems ok.
Were you still using windows auth for SQL?

Yes…windows auth i am using

ok i am going to try now

Handy tip, will remember that one.
I hazard a quest auth with be the problem…

@emre when i click test connection the result is

@JTRTech what should i try next?

No SQL pro but message seems fairly clear its an issue with windows auth, your user names and passwords on all machines either need to be the same or if different the others added to the authorised list.
If your strugling I’d sugest switching to mixed mode auth.

Read this;

Not tried personally as always used mixed mode for ease of adding terminals but if it works may solve.

1 Like

Ok @JTRTech thx i will try firsrly i am waiting for @emre replying

That error is saying it’s not accepting logins from other pc’s. You need a proper workgroup setup before windows auth will work.

1 Like

I agree what @JTRTech suggests. Switch to mixed mode and create a SQL Server login. If you want to login to SQL Server with windows user accounts review your workgroup setup as @Jesse suggested.

I believe you’ll find more useful resources if you google that error message.

1 Like