Shivan's Tutorial 2 - Order Courses & Order Grouping

That may be possible in fact I am sure thats true, but you have not shared with us very well what your problem is. You did share an idea you had which is not possible but we need to see how you take orders etc and we can recommend methods. Remember not everyone uses the system the same way.

ok kendash, when i will back in restaurant I will send you some pictures!

thanks

1 Like

You can select multiple orders, then click change course and they all get changed. Try it, I think it solves your problem.

1 Like

That would be a solution, but it means that every time before I have to put all the item the select them again, it means lost time during the work. :frowning:

Ok this is my menu

What you see under “antipasti” is a starter and “primi” is the main… so sometimes happens that client want a some starter with some main, and then other things…for printing the order in the right way I use a order tag under grouping. This order tag is called “priorità” and every time I have to select item one by one, like this

This is what I got when I print the order…

Did I explain myself enough?

Your probably better to use states and with order grouping you can group and change the 'course state/group.
This was a topic i started when working on similar;

I use custom product tag to set default course state and base grouping on the state.
Then selecting orders and running change course automation update the sate and in turn grouping both on screen and on print.

1 Like

Hmm i thought the tutorial dis outline the product tag part and covered that. Will have to check as it appears to be working on for me

The tutorial outlines the setting of the state. So change product course should work as its also using the state to change. Product tag course can be set to pre determine the course of the product and the auto command values can update the course of the state accordingly too. Can you show a video of your problem?

Maybe I am doing something wrong but for me State Name does not appear

Show a screen shot of the “Update State” action.

The action looks correct.

Try removing the action from the rule, saving, then reopen the rule and re-add the action back in. Sometimes if you edit an action after adding to a rule, you will need to remove the action, save and re-add the action to the rule.

I have tried it. did not work :sleepy:

Did you save the rule after removing the action?

I removed all and started from 0 and now it works. I have been stuck with that for a while :rofl: :rofl: But now it works. Thanks for help

1 Like

Happens to all of us, sometimes that the quickest way to get it to work.

does anyone knows how it work on mobile runnin android??
thanks

How what works on android? This tutorial won’t work on the mobile app.

yes, but the user running android will be able to change the course order?

Android app has almost completely seperate interface that doesn’t include a number of features from full pos version.
Pretty sure custom command buttons are not incorporated as far as I am aware.

The mobile app does not support this.