The price changes by its own

LOL you are asked to show more info because samba is a highly customisable system there are many was to do things and without understanding how you have setup your system (template and transactions types etc in your case) it would just be wild guesses…
These op[tions are not typically available in other POS software where its all hard coded and you are restricted to work to the way the software is programed.

2 Likes

BTW I don’t work for sambapos none of us do. I am just a member like you. I was trying to help you but I can’t because I don’t know what is causing your issue. You have to show us more about it so we can find the problem. We can not see your system.

I don’t think me asking to see samples so I can help you is weird, how else am I going to figure out what your issue is?

1 Like

In the example screenshots you give, you have 2 tickets - #95 for 4.00 and #96 for 4.20. Your receipts photos you show is for ticket #120.

First question I would ask - did you experience this happening yourself or it is another staff member who has told you about it, or you found out later when checking tickets?

I would say most likely scenarios you have if you have checked all the rounding options and definitely do not have any rounding set, are:

1. Change Price was used against the item on the ticket
  2. You may have duplicate items - check you don’t have 2 items called “Cream Cheese Jalapenos” - SambaPOS won’t allow this, but it will allow it if one has an extra space at the end.
  3. The ticket was re-opened after payment received and then the price was changed

EDIT: Having looked again at your receipt photos for ticket #120, the first is a “Print Bill” which shows 4.20, then the second is a “Payment Receipt” which shows 4.00. I would say it is most likely that point 1 above (price was changed using Change Price) is what happened. “Print Bill” was done, showing 4.20 total. Then “Unlock Ticket”, select item and “Change Price” to 4.00, then payment made.

The reason I asked about did you experience this yourself or are you checking later something your staff did is because this could potentially be employee fraud - print a ticket for 4.20, show customer, take 4.20 from customer, then amend ticket to 4.00, put 4.00 into cash drawer and put 0.20 into pocket. Small amount yes, but if happening all day it amounts to quite a bit of lost cash.

Please note I say this with all due respect, I am not accusing here, I am just saying a possible scenario which might be happening based on the information you provided.

2 Likes

i totally aware ur not working and trying to help. thanks for that. but i would rather ask the person what to post instead of showing him that he does something short. i didnt know from where to start i was waiting for suggestion what to upload or show. and again its not only because of this question i posted. its the way u deal with the answer always!!!
and the other guy instead of asking me to upload something if he wants to help he is just being sarcastic no mind reader in this forum.
thanks any ways

thanks for your answer. i am getting step by step with your post now…

i discovered it when i was showing a worker how to use it.
he works as deliverer and i showed him after the order just close ticket! and when u come back u will find it not paid yet incase the customer pays cash or credit! when close it gave me price and when settle to pay was another price

• i dont have duplicate items i have checked it out. this ticket which i sent was one of those i was testing to figure out what the problem is!
    yea it was me my self. i remember also a pizza was 9.95 when ticket closed. when settle it turned to 10.00 which means it rises.
    right now we settle direct with out close ticket to avoid the price changing. about the tax its another system ur not obligated to count it if ur restaurant works more with delivery. unless the customer ask for the tax ticket then its with a stamp! but the tax office will take the report of the POS thats why i cant print more test because its alreay working. we cant put it back to 0 and delete all tickets now its too late.
    is there something inside the pos should i look for in your opinion? its really weird problem
    wer using windows 7 is there something to do with the operating system?
    i just dont know and i dont know what information shall i give in order to help u to figure out what the problem is just ask me what to upload and i will do or i will answer the questions
    thanks a lot

It won’t be related to your operating system.

SambaPOS is used by thousands of businesses worldwide, so it isn’t a bug in the software. It will definitely be down to something that has been set in your settings.

You said you checked rounding was all at 0 when QMacKay asked you before. Did you check all the places where rounding could be?

I note you are using V4, I checked these on V4.

You need to check:

Settings > Program Settings > Payment Screen Settings. “Auto Rounding” should be 0.
Products > Tax Templates. Either make sure you have no tax templates, or if you have, make sure “Rounding” is set to 0.
Tickets > Payment Types. For each Payment Type, check Payment Processors, make sure you either do not have, or check Settings for each one and make sure there is no “Rounding” set.
Tickets > Calculation Types. Make sure you don’t have any related to Rounding. Check into each one and make sure “Rounding” is set at 0.

Unless you have added any extra automation / rules, the above are the only places you should need to check.

Also, what exactly happens - if you have a 4.20 ticket and you go to Settle, at which point is it changing to 4.00? Are you being asked for 4.20 or 4.00 payment? If it’s a different amount, please take a screenshot of your Settle screen.

1 Like

@Kyrillos please show a screenshot of your payment screen when trying to settle a ticket that has increased in price. Also show a screenshot of your Settings > Tickets > Calculation Types. Finally show a screenshot of the order screen of a ticket before it changes price (Before you close).

As for your comment about me. I apologize if you take me the wrong way. Often I am on my phone and so I type short to the point comments and most of the time we need more information from the person to help them figure out their issue. If you read through the history of my forum activity I have helped multiple thousands of people and I put a lot of effort in trying to help people with SambaPOS.

I did not point out any mistakes you made I simply told you that the information you gave us is not telling us much and we need more information to accurately spot your problem. Somewhere there is a configuration mistake and we need to help you spot it.

3 Likes

Man no need for apologize i just linked your answer that it dosent show much with old post i posted before. u were also trying to help by sending me tutorial but my english didnt help to understand some points when i asked i got like sarcastic answers that i have to read the tutorial the first impression was that and i felt the same by telling me that 4.20 is not showing much. 4.20 is the problem i am facing and i have no idea what i am suppose to post so u can help me i put the problem and i felt it again sarcastic or i am lazy to post more thing or read!
i apologize for miss understanding its all about how the language been translated to understand thats it.
here r the photos u asked for

So that looks normal. I don’t see an increase. Can you show a sample of when it changes price?

Edit nevermind I see it. Do you have a currency defined?

thanks for your answer . i checked them and nothing special here r some photos
126574320171104_10541420171104_102634

update
right above settle u will see bank

No i didnt add it!

i believe that someone messed the program option up since it dosent have a password and its difficult to find out which one. i think restore is the best option but before that can i have at least the reports and add them again when i restore it?

can i close manage with a password so noone can play with options again?

I did notice you are using CE which is really awful database solution. I highly recommend using SQL express or at least localdb install instead. That probably won’t fix your issue but it would prevent more serious data loss in the future.

Microsoft does not even support CE anymore as it was so bad.

It definitely looks like some rounding going on its probably due to the decimal separator. But it’s hard to say.

This is very odd. I assume those photos are all from the same ticket?

If so, I see:

Order State = New:

Joker (small)       9.95
Brussels (small)    9.95
american potatoes   3.40
Lookbroodjes        2.30

Then when Order State = Submitted:

Joker (small)      10.00
Brussels (small)   10.00
american potatoes   3.00
Lookbroodjes        2.30  <--- no change!

Firstly, price is changing, but also, price of Lookbroodjes does not change from 2.30. The only difference I see on Lookbroodjes is it has an Order Tag.

Can you test what happens with Joker (small) if you add an Order Tag - does it remain at 9.95 or change to 10.00 when submitted?

This is very odd behaviour. I would be inclined to think something is happening at the database level, or possibly someone has messed with some settings within the database (on field rounding or something) - however it doesn’t answer why Lookbroodjes doesn’t appear to be affected.

When an order is New, it isn’t yet saved to the database. Once it is submitted, it is saved to database. This is why I am thinking it looks like it is related to the database.

It’s so long since I dealt with CE database. I suggest you upgrade the database to SQL 2014 LocalDB or SQL Express, the system will run faster also and be more reliable. If there is a configuration issue in your CE database, it likely will be fixed with this as well.

There are step by step instructions here for both installing SQL Server Express 2014 and also converting a CE database to SQL Express:

If you want help to convert the database to SQL LocalDB or Express, I can do it for you for a fee. Just send me a PM.

It could also be a language issue - you use , for decimal separator. Possibly there is a mismatch of language settings in your database that it is expecting a .. It sounds really odd though.

While I agree that CE is junk and should be upgraded, it is highly unlikely that the act of saving the Ticket/Orders to the DB is changing the price. More likely a Rule is doing that, or Calculation, or Rounding, or Tax Template, or Transaction Type. It could even be a Rule causing a change when navigating to Payment Screen (when Settle is clicked).

Kendash asked if there are any Currencies defined… @Kyrillos, show a screenshot of Manage > Settings > Currencies and details of any currencies defined.

1 Like

Hello again. Sorry for late reply i just took the database home to see what my pc behavior is.
I will test it first to see if its from the pc there. If not i will upgrade to sql. Last time i upgraded it at home but because it took me days to understand how to convert it i thought its better to leave it like that without a gap in tickets fir the tax office. So i will convert what i have and let you know.
The currency is empty it has nothing in

Is there possibility to make manage button with password so no one misses it up later?
Thank u so much for your help and your time.

Hello again everybody i apologize again i feel my self annoying for asking confusing things

i am trying to download sambapos 4 on the othe pc but i cant find it

do u know where to download it ? last time i downloaded it from this link
thanks a lot

Pretty sure they stopped offering V4…you will need to find someone that can mirror it for you.

2 Likes

This is available in User Roles Permissions …

2 Likes

thank you very much :slight_smile:

I sent you a PM with a link to download V4.