VIP & Happy Hour (or timed special) Discounts without Triggers

I guess i could not explain the problem well, the problem starts with the employee who controls the main sambapos when owner is not there. And he normally can select customers for tickets. But with this VIP system he can select any VIP customer too. And if he does this trick for any of his friends , that way he provides the %50 discount for his friends. He can do this in secret. How can i know this ? i cant…

So how can i block an employee from selecting vip members, or can u explain ur way(the last message of u) cuz i did not understand it. For example what RFID Fobs means ?

RFID fob is like a contactles bank card, a newer equivalent of magnetic swipe cards.
They have numbers which I linked to customer entities and setup so swiping the fob selected the customer rather than manually.

Other than something like that he presumably still needs to be able to select the vip members for when the member is there.
or you just want to make so only boss can select vip?

Wow im impressed. Thats a nice way :slight_smile: I liked the RFID fob thing. But Again my employee must be able to select any customer who dont have any accounts. U know the customer type who does not have an account but we need his info for example package delivery.

We probably need mapping for Entities

Your issue will always be that you need to be able to select the customer… even a restriction on vip customers would still have same problem of you do still need to be able to select the costmer when there there.
The answer is to take away the manual selection and do the selection via something the customer has (enter the rfid fobs or msr cards) the customer has it, like a bank card, and swiping the fob/card selecter the member meaning you dont select it unless they give their card.

1 Like

I Guess we cant prepare the RFID Thing now. And we also will have the package delivery. And the customers who makes the phone order or online order they wont have the rfid things… As a result i need to restrict my employees somehow…

Thats my question though… how do you expect to restrict them in a way that still lets them select sometime (when needed)?

I can help with a solution to a plan but you need to decide how you plan to have a sytem that allows them select when they are allowed to?

Maybe it could be done by a department mapping by entities. But there is no such a thing. So i dont know how to map this situation.We dont need to allow anytime. Restrict forever…

Sorry to bump, but having this little problem…

Unable to add discount of less than 1 as shown in screen shots.

Have tried doing both 0.xx and .xx without success.

Any ideas?

Matt

EDIT: If I choose the products forst THEN swipe the customer card it adds the discounts… weirdly. but itll only apply the discount for 1.00+ AFTER the customer has been selected?

EDIT: if I switch user and log back in, it applies the discount… so it needs refreshing someway?

I dont know the fix, but its about the actions and rules. Remember u created or imported an action or rule which calls product tag <0 or >0 its about it.
Edit : Then its more complicated…

no that’s not it, it all works but the ticket needs refreshing

I dug around and FINALLY found where I can Right-Click and see “Display All Values” but it does nothing when I click on it. Can’t seem to find a way to add more than One Action to a Rule. I’m running the latest 5.1.60 Release. Is there any way to add the multiple Actions to a Rule? I really want to setup the Happy Hour feature and is a key selling point to this build for a client.

Thanks in advance.

If anything, how do we import the Automation Zip file and would it cause a conflict if some rules were already started?

Thanks again

UPDATE: Never mind, figured out the import.

A picture video is worth a thousand words …

3 Likes

OMG, that was so helpful. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im using V4 and on rule Reset HH Day & Time on Application Started it doesnt allow me to have multiple action of the same name HH Store HH Day and Time. Once i select any action, i cannot add same action again to the rule ??

Do this as many times as necessary to add the same Actions multiple times …

• Right-click on the Left side of he Action Chooser, and select Display All Values.
  • Scroll to the bottom of the list. Previously-selected Actions will be displayed there.
  • Add Actions again to the Right side.

Thank you. I am able to create HH and Discount on my fresh default installation. The problem I have now is, SAMBA POS4 keeps on crashing with (Do not respond message) now after I start for 5minutes.
Do I need to get rid of any default rules and actions for this to work?
Does this break on SAMBA POS 4?

It should not break on V4. It was developed on V4.

There are no timers or triggers in this, so I don’t know how “crashing after 5 minutes” would be related to the VIP setup.

Find the log file and post the content of the last error message, or ZIP the file and attach it here. It is located at:

[Documents]\SambaPOS4\log.txt

I reinstalled it…and it looks to work now… let me try it for a while… is rule for Gift necessary here ?