When i am trying to open work period, Samba reporter error message is coming and closing the application itself. Please find me a solution for this

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source: mscorlib
Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Inner Exception 1
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: Samba.Presentation.Common
Stack Trace: at Samba.Presentation.Common.Services.ApplicationState.GetCurrentAppState()
at Samba.Presentation.Services.Implementations.AutomationModule.NotificationClient.NotifyEvent(String eventName, Object dataObject)
at Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary.Modules.NavigationModule.VisibleNavigationModule.<.ctor>b__8_2(EventParameters1 x) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary\Modules\NavigationModule\VisibleNavigationModule.cs:line 66 at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription1.InvokeAction(Action1 action, TPayload argument) at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription1.<>c__DisplayClass2.b__0(Object[] arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventBase.InternalPublish(Object[] arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.CompositePresentationEvent`1.Publish(TPayload payload)
at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.ExtensionMethods.Publish[TEventsubject](TEventsubject eventArgs, String eventTopic, Action expectedAction)

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.LayoutControl.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2.Core, Version=16.2.13.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
ReachFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
NCalc, Version=1.3.8.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0
Omu.ValueInjecter, Version=2.3.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Data.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
WindowsInput, Version=1.0.4.0

It looks like you may have configured something wrong on a button on navigation screen.

Thank you very much for your reply
I will go and have a look and come back to you. Are you able to say what exactly the problem in navigation screen

Don’t think so from error posted.
Check if you have any work period started rules.

I am very new to Samba. Please show me pictures how to do that.

AMC cash isn’t a default rule, did you not make that?

No I didn’t make it.

If you that new to samba I’d recommend you learn the basics.
Watch a few of my simple step by step automation video tutorials.

Please send me some more tutorials for me
I am very great full to you

They are linked in those topics. Did a handful of simple automation videos.
Not tutorials of exactly what your asking but they are good simple learning setups. Once you grasp the basics it will all make more sense and you will be able to work from basic suggestions like already given to your original questions.
Remember most here are not paid samba support. We are community forum members and resellers. So expecting fully tutorials etc for your specific needs is probably expecting allot on free platform like this forum.

Thank you so much for your reply

Really good resource. Kb.sambapos.com

1 Like

Hi Jesse
How are you today
Could you please help me in solving the problem of not able to save work period report file into system. A message box was appearing showing that The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. I am sending you the error message. if you want, I will send my action and rule set up as well

You are rewriting same report over and over. Trying putting in the date stamp for every new saved report

You have the file open possibly viewing it at same time.

exactly you are right

Could you please send some pictures how to do that one. Every time, same report is generating with a constant date and figures.

Ill have a look at my database tonight and show you.

Thank you so much. Please let me know as soon as possible

This way you can save new report to your folder every day and it will have a date + time when it was created.

D:\Reports\Daily Summary Report [=FD('{DATE}','dd-MM-yyyy')] Ending at [=FD('{TIME}','hh.mm')].xps

In case you didnt know you can also add a filter to the Report Name section like:
Summary Report:This Month

2 Likes