Question about customers and customer account

I am trying to set up our customer database and customer account (we do have three customers that pay at the end of the month). so, I set up a customer screen (search), I set up a customer account pay button in payment screen…

but my problem is that this button appears disabled almost allways even having selected a customer (its the “Cuenta Corriente” button)

heeelp, jajajajajajajajajjajajaja

THANKS!!!

G.

Did you create a customer account? In the search screen, did you hit Create Account ?
Setting up a customer is only half of it.

Also you need to set the Customer Account to Credit
Manage->Accounts->Account Types->Customer Accounts->Rules - Set to Credit

yes, I created a customer account, in the screens I attached, the customer is already selected for the table i am serving.

Thanks!!!

G.

OK, lets try that, i did not see that one!!!

Thanks!!!

G.

still gryed out…

strange!!!

G.

In Manage->Accounts->Accounts, do you see the Customer listed under Customer Accounts ?

Leaving Manage->Accounts->Account Types->Customer Accounts->Rules - Set to Default, will definitely work.

Going by your sample database, you have Miro as a Customer (actually listed twice).
Go to the Customer Search Screen, search for Miro, click Edit Customer, then click Create Account.
Now it should work.

1 Like

THANKS!!!

I will try this as soon as I come back from the beach!!!

Thanks again

G.

[Update] Thanks @JohnS, it works…

1 Like

Creating a customer does not mean creating a customer account. All customers should not have an account. If you open an account to a customer they can make late payments.

Thanks!!!

I understood it now!!!

I am glad to say that I managed to configure with your (forum) help the only two accounts we manage…

THANKS!!!

G.

I have set up a customer account…I have tried this with default, debit and credit as the rule.
My goal is to have a running Total regardless of amount (although a limit would be nice to have) but it would allow the customer to buy and pay at a later date.

For some reason I can settle only one time to Customers Account. Subsequent attempts to settle to the same Customer Account has the button greyed out.

Customer Account Type should work with the Default Rules. If you set the Rules to Credit, then you will only be able to Settle a Ticket when the Account has sufficient funds to cover the “Charged” amount that you enter into the Payment Screen.

Do you have a Payment Processor defined on the Customer Account Payment Type? You don’t need a Processor, but it can be used to limit payment among other things.

What does your Customer Account Transaction Type look like?

The only difference I see between your screens and mine is the Filter Type on Account Type. Mine is set to ALL
There are no payment processors set up

No matter what I do to the set up…it will only allow me to process one transaction on an individual customer account

I notice that once the ticker is added to the customer account it remains open which will not allow me to close the work period. As @gerlandog explained some customers pay at the end of the month how can you still have the customer account open but still able to close your work period to track your daily sales?
Thank you

Not being able to close work period means you have a Ticket that is not settled yet. Settle all tickets then close work period. You should be using the Customer Account payment button to settle the tickets.

or if you need to be able to keep tickets open whilst closing a work period you need to update ticket to pre-order. Tickets that are set as pre-order will allow you to close work periods

While using customer accounts tickets should not be left open. You should settle the tickets using the Customer Account Payment button you created. This puts the funds into the customers account and settles the ticket. The customer would then make a payment on that account to pay at end of month vs having to pay every ticket the customer made.

He would also not get any credit on sales or inventory if using Pre-Order tickets.

1 Like