Creating a Hold Ticket Button

Create a Display Ticket action:

Create a Hold State:

Set your color to what you want, I set mine to Blue.

Create Two Automation Commands:

Hold Ticket command:

Unhold Ticket command:

Mapping for Hold Ticket command:

Mapping for Unhold Ticket command:

Clone the Default Cancel Orders action:

Change the name to Default Cancel Orders - Hold
Select Clear Selection box

Mapping for Default Cancel Orders - Hold command:

Create an Automation Command Executed rule for Hold Ticket:

Update Ticket Status and Update Order Status actions are default be sure and enter the parameters shown in the screenshot. Close Ticket action is default action.

Create an Automation Command Executed rule for Unhold Ticket:

Update Ticket Status and Update Order Status actions are default be sure and enter the parameters shown in the screenshot. Refresh Ticket action is the action we made at start of tutorial.

Update the default Ticket Closing Rule:

Add the following constraint to the rule do not edit anything else

Clone the Update New Order Entity Color rule and edit it as shown in the screenshot:

Rename it to Update New Order Entity Color - Hold

Clone the Default Cancel Orders Rule and edit it as shown in the screenshot:

Remove Cancel Orders action and add the two actions shown with the parameters as shown.

For Customer Tickets entity screen click on Entity List

For Display State put Status and for State Filter put Hold,New Orders

That’s it your done. There is something I should explain about the Cancel Orders button. Because there is no way to close a ticket and then truly cancel orders we have to use the custom route. The benefit of this is it will keep the tickets so you can track who has been canceling held orders but it will not affect your inventory, sales or anything else.

Screenshots of it in action:

3 Likes

Nice tutorial,
Am I understanding that this would stop a kitchen order being sent while on hold as order state is changed from new?
Would be nice addition to the ‘switch user’ setup if I understand what is hapening in the flow.

Correct orders are not submitted.

PS. I updated it to include color changes for Customer Tickets screen as well. The change was at bottom of tutorial right before example screenshots.

PS2. This tutorial works for tables and quick service as it doesn’t matter what type of entity your using. For quick service you can use Customer Tickets screen to show and recall held tickets. Example below:

1 Like

For version 5 when its released we can get even fancier by putting the words HOLD directly on the Tables or Tickets…

1 Like

You dont have a import file for this do you? :blush:

1 Like