Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

Use the Forum Search function and start a new Topic for your questions.

2 Likes

You can still do that as one department using the ticket tag method and using different price definitions

So when the ticket tag is Dine In the dine in price lists are used and when To Go is selected then the to go price list is used istead

There are different ways to do what you want, i suggest searching the forum to see what else has already been documented that could help you

1 Like

Hello @QMcKay
I’ve already done this setup a couple of times and almost ever it worked, but not now…
I have a problem with the order states when i make an order with 1 product all its working fine, but when i make an order with more of 1 from one product then the state is not updating from “FPrinting” to “FPrinted”…
And i have checked the rules and actions but not found an error…

but in the Kitchen Display it looks right …

1 Like

I’am using now the beverages setup for food and that works…

I just came across this tutorial and downloaded the zip file to test. I imported the file into SQL, opened Sambapos to change the database connection and then opened the program. The Kitchen Display entity screen is there and all the rules, actions, printers, etc. are included per the tutorial but nothing happens when I close a ticket. By the way I also prefaced all the food items with Food. Any suggestions from anyone?

What ZIP file? Where did you get it?

This one?

That ^ file is a DB Tools import file containing specific configuration elements. It is not an entire Database. There is no need to modify your connection string when you use a DB Tools file. See here to learn what to do with DB Tools files.

We cannot help without screenshots of your setup.

The zip downloads as kitchen.zip. It unzips to a .bak file that I imported into SQLExpress 2014. It has all the setup for the Kitchen Display from the tutorial at the beginning of this feed.

I compared the downloaded file to the tutorial and everything looks good.

That is not mine. Yes, a BAK file is a full Database, but I have no idea what is in that file, and cannot offer support for it.

That’s okay, I just downloaded it because when I followed the tutorial in my test database I couldn’t get it to work so I was hoping I could see my mistake in a stripped down database. I’ll review my test database again to see if I can find my error(s).

The link I gave to the DB Tools file will work with minimal effort with the instructions given in that same post. Just be sure to start clean by removing any KD Rules/Actions before importing.

Thanks I’ll give it a try…and thanks for responding.

Hi, Guys I have 2 issue
one is that the sides not show on kitchen screen and the order one is that if a tablet order 3 food (one ticket) in the kitchen screen show me 3 block with each those 3 food. picture attach thanks in advance for your help

Those are tags, how are you formatting your deisplay? You would need to include those in the ‘template’

1 Like

Order Tags are part of the Printer Template. Be sure your Template contains a section for [ORDER TAGS].

That is by design. One Order per Card, not one Ticket per Card. This has already been covered in this Topic more than once.

Now when open samba this popup appear [KD Print Order] An action called [KD Execute KD Print Job - Food] not found. I check the rules but everything look ok for me…

SambaPOS is telling you that it is not ok.

Post the log.txt content in [Documents]\SambaPOS5\log.txt

Basically, a Rule is using an Action that it cannot find. So you need to go into that Rule, delete the Action, Save the Rule, reopen the Rule, Add the proper Action, then Save the Rule again. Then run Test Rules to be sure the error is gone.

Thanks a lot now all is working ok

@QMcKay Do you know how to group by products and tables like ^ this.

I put Tables obviously it doesn’t work lol.