Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

It looks good. But you are saying nothing came up on the KD?

It comes up on the KD fine when message server is disconnected and refresh interval is set to 3 seconds. But with message server running it does not and if it does, it works intermittently at best. You have to manually refresh screen to get ti to come up or sometimes firing a second order will push the first one through.

Easy setup for Kitchen Display - DB Tools Import File

:warning: IMPORTANT: You need to be running SambaPOS 5.1.62 or greater since it contains bug fixes for import of the Entity Screen Layout (Kitchen Display) in the following DB Tools File.

DB Tools Import file

:warning: IMPORTANT: If you have a previous installation of Kitchen Display (either manual steps or import of an older DB Tools file, you need to delete all elements with a “KD” prefix before importing this file. Ensure you delete the following first:

• Rules with “KD” prefix
  • Actions with “KD” prefix
  • Automation Commands with “KD” prefix
  • Entity Screens with “KD” prefix
  • Print Jobs with “KD” prefix
  • Printer Templates with “KD” prefix
  • Printers with “KD” prefix
  • Task Types with “KD” prefix (SambaPOS may not allow this, no worries)

Download and unzip this file, then Import it…

!KD_KitchenDisplay.zip (3.7 KB)

Contains:

• Task Types
  • Printers, Templates, Jobs
  • Entity Screens
  • Automation Commands, Actions, Rules

Extra Configuration (MANDATORY)

:warning: IMPORTANT: You need to define a Custom Product Tag named productType
and use the Product Tag Editor to set your Products to use either Food or Drink for the productType.

Custom Product Tag - productType

Product Tag Editor - Set productType field

Print Job Mappings - KD Print Tasks GUI

Confirm each Mapping in the Print Job KD Print Tasks GUI has the Product Tag column set to one of the following:

• productType=Food
  • productType=Drink

Printers

Confirm the Printers are configured as follows:

• the Printer Share Name / Port Name must contain a DOT ( . )

• the Task Printer Settings link must contain a valid Task Type, one of the following:

• KD Task GUI - Food
    • KD Task GUI - Drink

1 Like

Just saw this, I’m at home right now. When I go to the restaurant in the morning, I’ll go ahead and reinstall the KD with the steps above. Try anything at this point. Chef just messaged me, had a waitress enter and order and only half came up on the kd. she voided and refired to test it, same order, and the whole thing came up. Banging my head now but I truly appreciate all of your help. Ill let you know how it goes.

Ok, I just implemented the above code and it is working, kind of? The orders appear on the display except at the top of the display Are all entity screens (Tables, Take Out, Delivery, KD GUI Food, and KD GUI Drink). I attempted to exit and reneter the screen and it does not show the screen, but rather, bring up the table selection screen. Now i can not get into the KD. Any thoughts?

Check (show screenshots):

Automation Command : KD Kitchen Display GUI - Food
Automation Command : KD Kitchen Display GUI - Drink
Action : KD Show Screen
Rule : KD Show Screen

There is only 1 Automation Command for KD.

Empty the AMC Navigation settings …

I removed those items and it worked one time. I entered an order, it appeared on the display and now When i exit the display and try to reenter it, it brings up table selection.

Did you delete ALL previous KD elements prior to installing? This needs to be done to avoid conflicts.

Show Entity Screen Configuration for: KD Kitchen Display GUI - Food

Ensure it is set to Layout mode and the Entity List properties are all empty.

The Mapping for the Entity Screen should also be: * * * * All

Hi i have problem like this guy. İ am using version .60. Can you halp me?

Follow the instructions in this post:

Hey guys, I was just wondering how do you deal with long tickets? I am working on a screen, I haven’t implemented it yet, but my concern is if I get one long ticket it will mess up my ability to read other orders.

Looks like you need to make smaller cards or get a bigger screen.

1 Like

I will see if I can figure out a way to have the cards be treated like pages where if it reaches a max height it prints onto the next page…but until then bigger screen it is haha :slight_smile:

That cannot be done. There is no “page” setting.

The height cannot be controlled. It will use up as much vertical space as required to fit the text on the Card. And the height of all Cards in a Row will use the same height as the tallest Card. But the Task Editor Widget has a scrollbar, so this should not be an issue.

The Task Editor Widget has an option to control the Card width. The setting is Column Count, which when increased will shrink the width of Cards. But be aware, line-wrapping will occur if it cannot fit within the width, effectively making the Card taller.

It looks like you are not using the KD the way it was intended: 1 Order per Card.
Instead you are putting entire Tickets (multiple Orders) per Card, which is why they are so tall (and IMO is not appropriate for a Kitchen Display).
It’s ultimately up to you, but if your intention is to show all Orders on a Ticket on a single Card, then you could have used a Ticket Lister Widget instead - it was designed for that.

I need to work like this. Please help me it is very urgent