Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

Show screenshots of your entire setup. Anything that has a “KD” prefix:

• Task Types
  • Printer configuration with “Settings” link shown to verify Task Type
  • Print Job Mappings
  • Product Tag Editor showing Food/Beverage Tag settings
  • Actions
  • Rules - be sure to expand all Actions in Rules

Ok. here are the screen shots. I took 1 of the product tag editor. To do the whole thing it will take at least 15 screen shots as our menu is large. But i checked over everything to ensure the tags are correct.

and here is the food template

[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{ORDER DATE} {ORDER TIME} 
Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table} Server:{USER NAME}
(Id={NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER UID})
(TID={TICKET ID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>'] <bold> FREE</bold>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
++{ORDER TIME} Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table} Server:{USER NAME}
(Id={NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=#FF550000)
XXXXX VOID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Crust]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Wings Sauces]
<size 14><color LightSalmon><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Order Notes]
<size 14><color #FFCCCCFF><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Sandwich & Burger Toppings]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pasta Options]
<size 14><color Yellow><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Ravioli Fillings]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Doneness]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Blacken]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Heat]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Add Cheese]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Platter]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Children Add Fries]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Sides]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Salad Options]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Salad Dressing]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Baked Potato Toppings]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Salad Options]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Extras]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Surf & Turf Coupon Apps]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:12" Pizza Toppings]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:18" Pizza Toppings]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Meat Options]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Gravy]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Starch Options]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Vegetable Options]

Your Print Job Mappings should have one of these in the Product Tag column:

productType=Food
productType=Drink

Probably not causing the issue you describe.

I rebooted the system and it resolved the issue. Had to be something stuck in the memory. I’ve setup a weekly reboot schedule now.

I am not finding Task Printer under Printer Type: why is this?

The Task Printer is a Custom Printer. You need to install that Module…

Within SambaPOS, go to Samba Market, find Custom Printers, and click Install. Then shut down SambaPOS, and restart it.

Hey everyone, so message server is working perfectly now but, unfortunately, the kitchen display is still exhibiting sporadic behavior. It will update sometimes across all terminals, sometimes it won’t update all terminals, maybe 1 or 2… Sometimes it wont update at all. If I set the refresh interval to 3 seconds, it updates every time tho. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Also, to add to it, now when the kitchen selects ready for an order, it does not update across ANY terminals. The kitchen and all terminals get the update to the screen if the server machine is the terminal used to enter the order. Nothing changed since yesterday. Not sure what happened.

Did you install this using the steps in the Tutorial or using the DB Tools file?

I had to use the DB Tools because I never could get the tutorial to work. I just tried following tutorial again and it does not work for me. Maybe my setup but I get this error every time

Never mind, I found the error. Gonna finish up and see if it works out

The best starting point is to use the DB Tools file.

Do this:

• Delete all Rules with “KD” prefix.

• Delete all Actions with “KD” prefix.

• Delete all Automation Commands with “KD” prefix.

• Delete all Print Jobs with “KD” prefix.

• Delete all Printer Templates with “KD” prefix.

• Delete all Printers with “KD” prefix.

• Import the DB Tools file to re-create all Automation elements (Rules, Actions, Automation Commands, Task Types, Printing config, Entity Screen, etc).

• Check the configuration to modify or create certain elements which are not (cannot be) included in the DB Tools file, see here …

OK, I will try this now. Let you know how it goes.

P.S. The error you are seeing, this one:

Action field name [State] shouldn’t match to a rule parameter name.

… is caused by using reserved words in an Action Parameter.

For example, the word State is a reserved word used in Rules. This means you cannot use that word for an Action parameter…

The same applies for many other words such as those which you see on the Left side of Rule Constraints, or within the list generated in a Rule for Action parameters, such as:

State Name (cannot use [:StateName])
State (cannot use [:State])
State Value (cannot use [:StateValue])
Previous State (cannot use [:PreviousState])

Yea, I caught that, lol. I went ahead and wiped out anything to do with Kitchen Display and Installed the DB Tools. Set my Item Tags up and configured my print template to meet my needs. Also ensured the task printer is set properly. The result, a new issue. It kind of works. When a new order is entered, it goes into an almost limbo state, it wont show on the screen unless you manually exit and reenter, OR if another order is entered. When a new order is entered, it pushes the first one through and it shows on the display and the new order sits in limbo until the screen is refreshed or another order is entered.

And it still does the same thing with auto refresh set to 0 or any digit, like 3 seconds for example.

This still sounds like a Message Server problem, but if you have MSTC working properly, it could be caused by something else.

Have you altered any of the default SambaPOS Rules, States, etc?

No I haven’t. I’m almost 99% positive its a message server issue because I just shut down message server and set auto refresh interval for 3 seconds and the display went back to working as normal. Now, the only issue with that is, I know that it will begin to randomly pull previously completed orders with this set up. It will just randomly refire orders that have been completed hours ago, for no reason. So that’s why I wanted to get message server up and running. I am stumped here.

That indicates the printing states (KDStatus Order State) is not being updated properly.

• Create a Ticket.
  • Take a screenshot of the Ticket.
  • Close / Submit the Ticket.
  • Open the Ticket.
  • Take a screenshot of the Ticket.

We want to see the States under the Orders like: FNotPrinted, FPrinting, FPrinted.