Bump Bar for Kitchen display

One of the main things I feel is a neccesity if Im reading this thread correctly is quite often on the bump bar, you would hit #1 5 times in a row, and the first 5 orders come off, I dont really see the purpose of pressing once to highlight because if you do make a mistake you should just be able to press recall and that order yu just bumped should appear back in slot #1

Right. And that is exactly how current implementation works with the Recall command. But you are limited to 1 recall only.

If we can increase the Recall “queue” so that it is not limited to only the last Order Completed, then it would work better.

The idea of having a “visible recall list” as I have shown was just another idea that could be done. Someone in this thread mentioned that. In which case, you need to be able to select the Order you want to recall using arrows, then hit the recall button.

In the Tradition of SambaPOS, there should be no reason we can’t have both, and you choose how you want it to operate. In fact, I have both the above described systems working together right now, but you could use one method or the other if you so choose

1 Like

I can increase it but I thought if I allow more recalls people will make more mistakes. If we assume people can press 2 instead of 1 and add a recall function to fix that we should also assume people can press recall 3 times instead of pressing 2 times. My solution might not be good but quickly thought that solution.

1 Like

Hmm. In fact I unintentionally disallowed recalling removed items but I think if we limit it for items that still stays on screen we can remove recall limit. Bringing back an item that does not appears on screen anymore does not feels right to me. Your list is better.

1 Like

The recall column looks pretty good. To be honest a lot of the times when you need to use recall it was for something trivial like what were the sides for the last order or to check something so having the column you can glance at recently completed tickets quickly

1 Like

This is awesome. Works great other than the Up/Down selection when in Descending sort order. EDIT: latest refresh now has correct behavior for up/down arrows.

This a single Task Type with 2 Widgets on the screen, both set to display the same Task Type. The one on the left is set to Display Active Items only, and the one on the right is set to Display Completed Items only.

This setup effectively moves Completed Tasks to the Right Widget, and then Recalls Tasks from the Right Widget back to the Left Widget.

All done with a single Rule 

1 Like

Here is an alternate setup using a single Widget set to display both Active and Complete Tasks. In this case, the Left/Right buttons and the Recall button act on the Left Widget only. (ignore the right widget - pretend it isn’t there).

This could be used on smaller displays where there is no room for a “Recall List”

Again, done with a single Rule, but only acts on main (left) widget, and requires 1 less action in the Rule 

1 Like

Those 2 methods above ^ made possible by new Task Editor Widget features and commands available in upcoming v5.1.60

@QMcKay sorry if am singing to the choir but haven’t followed this thread to the letter.
You mention critical selection?..
What was the issue with that? Is the count on width fixed, would say -4 +4 work for selecting item virtically?

Eh? You’ve lost me.

You set the Column Count on the Widget Settings. This makes every “card” the same width, with the height following the “tallest” order in the Row.

Above demos have Left Widget set to 4 columns, and Right Widget set to 1 column.

Do you mean cyclical selection? In he Right Widget, multiple clicks on an arrow will cycle as 1,2,3,1,2,3,1
 etc, but in the other direction, it stops at 1 for some reason, like 3,2,1 
 stays stuck on Card 1.

I mention that the Up/Down arrows behave backwards because the Widget is set to “Descending”. This is a small oversight I believe, but can be overcome by swapping the button commands/KeyCodes, or it could be done in the Automation to flip Up with Down and vice-versa.

Those small niggles also apply to Left/Right operation. They are “backwards” if the Widget is set to “Descending” sort order.

1 Like

Arrr, sorry, wasn’t following well enough, was thinking moving vertically on the left widget ie moving down from 3 would move to 7 (+4). Just ignore my ramblings :slight_smile:

In other posts, before recent feature additions, I would have needed to do something like that, because I was doing manual tracking of Card # and manual movement/selection in automation.

But .60 now has commands for Up/Down/Left/Right built in to the Set Widget Value Action, and it does everything automatically for me, so no extra work is involved
 no tracking, no highlighting, etc. Another great set of features added by @emre to make this Bump Bar thing a great, easy, reality.

1 Like

@QMcKay

It looks really nice. Any change you can share your Bump Bar for for Kitchen display.

Thank you,

I sort of just did. The Automation required is shown with the videos.

In any case, I will put together a couple DB Tools files so that the Entity Screen design and Widget Settings are all packaged up and ready to go, because there are a lot of Widgets and Settings that need to be done as well.

Keep in mind, this will not work until .60 Release.

Sounds good. I look forward testing. Thank you.

I was going to demonstrate a 3rd method which is also the “original” method that is talked about early on in this thread, with a single Widget and a sequence like:

1,1,1,Recall,Recall,Recall

That ^ is the the way the original concept of Bump Bar operation is explained, and it would be good to be able to operate in that fashion if that is what people are used to. It alleviates the need of using Arrow Keys to move around between Cards.

But again (still), we are limited to a single Recall command. @emre, any chance you could increase the “Recall Queue”?

OK. As I’ve said before having a longer recall queue may confuse users but seems like you want that. So can you help me to understand what will happen in that case?

1>1>R>1>R>R

What should last recall do?

I assume it should be treated as a stack. Last On, First Off.

1 2 3 4  (position)
A B C D  (order name)

Incomplete  RecallStack
Position:        1 2 3 4
(start)          A B C D
1 Complete A     B C D      A
1 Complete B     C D        BA
R Recall B       B C D      A
1 Complete B     C D        BA
R Recall B       B C D      A
R Recall A       A B C D

That is the way I would think it should go. If not, others should chime in.

2 Likes

Method 3 using single widget and no arrow keys. Sequence is:

1,1,1,Recall,Recall,Recall

We set the maximum Recall Queue in the Task Editor Widget Settings 

This Rule handles the Task Completion and Recalls 

1 Like

DB Tools file containing:

• Bump Bar Task Type
  • Entity Screen
  • Printer, Template, Print Job
  • Automation for controlling the BB Screen, includes 3 Rules for different scenarios:
  • 1 Widget with no arrows - reacts to numeric keys (complete task) and Backspace Key (recall)
  • 1 Widget with left/right arrows - reacts to numeric keys (complete task), left/right arrow keys (Task Selection), and Backspace Key (recall)
  • 2 Widgets with up/down arrows - reacts to numeric keys (complete task), up/down arrow keys (Task Selection), and Backspace Key (recall)

The biggest part of the setup is the Entity Screen. So the hard part has been done for you.

Of the 3 Rules described above, the first 2 are not mapped, so they are disabled. Only the 3rd Rule has a mapping. They are not meant to work together, so you should only have 1 Rule mapped at a time. So if you enable mapping on a Rule, make sure you delete the mapping for the other 2 Rules.

Everything contained in this file has a “BB” prefix.

BB_EntityScreen_TaskType_Printer_Automation.zip (3.3 KB)

The following DB Tools file is from the Kitchen Display (separate Tutorial) and it contains the Automation responsible for Printing the BB Tasks by handling KDStatus Order State and firing the BB Print Job.

Everything contained in this file has a “KD” prefix.

BB_KDStatus_KDPrinting.zip (1.2 KB)

3 Likes