How to create Emre's kitchen display

Hello, I see @emre showed us a fantastic kitchen display in https://forum.sambapos.com/t/sambapos-5-1-62-release/13991 and I really want to archive a similar one.

PNG

Emre also talked about releasing a tutorial but I tried a whole day digging the forum up without any clue. Please, I need your guidances to build this specific kitchen display. Thank you!

He did a tutorial but not for that display he demonstrated how you can build your own.

Thanks for an additional information kendash, looking at suggestion topics below I found there were 2 related threads:

Although, @markjw talked about a customer of his found it wasn’t really practical:

I believe it’s not only me but many others still feel so desirable everytime looking at that very sleek and simple Emre’s kitchen display bring.

It can be done by using Task Printer + Grouping features of the Task Editor Widget. Here I prepared a sample kitchen display. You can see how it configured and adjust it for your needs. It creates a task per order line and groups them on kitchen display by product and table.

I didn’t prefixed configurations so please test it on default setup first.

Kitchen.zip (2.4 KB)

After importing configuration add Execute Task Print Job action to the top of the Ticket Closing actions.

Thanks so much @emre, this means a lot to me! I can’t wait to try it out and report back.

Is there any way you can think possible in a reliable perspective to accomplish this: i have a order tag group with various order tags… I want to set the color for all the order tags with “No …” to be red in the KDS.

My first guess was to see what Q did a while back in his KDS but his was color defined based on whole order tag groups not color defined for single order tags within a group.

My next guess was to store the color html tag in header and use {ORDER TAG LABEL} in the template but that wasn’t showing anything and it was also modifying header in GUI buttons.

Finally I thought what if I had a script to check if order tag contains “NO “ and to output it with html cost color tags. I feel that this would be easy to do but probably not good practice to run a script for every order tag?

Did you tried using formatting tags (HTML tags) in printer template? I think you can use [=X] template expressions to determine color. Let me know if you need more help.

I will look at it tonight and let you know. Thanks for the prompt response. I think this is going to be huge for my clients.

Hello,
I’ve tried the kitchen display - it works great except for some minor issues I can’t figure out:

1. order grouping: Product X with order tags A and B gets grouped with Product X with different tags:

2. Void items: On the KD it seems that the whole order was voided even though only one piece was actually voided:

Is there a way to make the KD list the orders in a single row with horizontal scrollbar?
Would be kind of you to point me in the right direction.
Thank you,
stroodl

In that sample orders are grouped by Order Number.

You can try using {ORDER UID} tag to group items per order line.

Here is the full template

[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++New Order {ENTITY NAME:Table}
(Id={ORDER UID}-{NAME}-{TICKET ID})
(Table={ENTITY NAME:Table}-{TICKET ID})
(Table Name={ENTITY NAME:Table})
(Customer={ENTITY NAME:Customer})
(Product={PRODUCT NAME})
(Quantity={QUANTITY})
(Time={DATE:HH\:mm})
{QUANTITY} {PRODUCT NAME}
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
{QUANTITY} {NAME}|**FREE**
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
++VOID {ENTITY NAME:Table}
(Product={PRODUCT NAME})
(Table Name={ENTITY NAME:Table})
(Quantity={QUANTITY})
(Color=Red)
{QUANTITY} {PRODUCT NAME}
---VOID---
- {QUANTITY} {PRODUCT NAME}
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS]
    {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} {ORDER TAG NAME}

hi sir how create waiter screen in this kitchen display please help me sir

Thank you @emre, this worked.
After some tweaking I got it working and it’s already the best Kitchen Display I ever used on Samba (plus the automation is simple and straightforward). I would like to publish it in the forums once it’s finished.

I have a minor issue with voids (not a dealbreaker at all but would be nice to understand what’s going on):

Here I add two orders, it shows nicely on the KD. I VOID one of them, and look at the KD for the first time - so far so good. After visiting another entity screen and coming back to KD the voided item shows twice.

Funny thing is that this only happens when I visit another entity screen with Task Editor widget. Other entity screens won’t mess it up. When I add order, close ticket and void the immediately without visiting KD it shows twice right on the first try.

Here is my template:

[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Table Name={ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer})
(Product={PRODUCT NAME})
(Quantity={QUANTITY})
<size 24><bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+' x ') : '')]{PRODUCT NAME}</bold></size>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Kitchen Group:Polívky,Hotovky,Hlavní]

[ORDERS:Void]
++{ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Table Name={ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer})
(Product={PRODUCT NAME})
(Quantity={QUANTITY})
(Color=Red)
<size 24><bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+' x ') : '')]{PRODUCT NAME}</bold></size>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS]
<size 24>[=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? ' + '+{ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' + ')]{ORDER TAG NAME}</size>

I would also like to set up a waiter screen. I was thinking of an easy way of firing an automation command once a task is completed (passing an Id or whatever is needed to the rule) and printing a task. I’ve been trying hard but I can’t figure out how to pass the Command Value to the Task_Print_Job Action:

I don’t know what kind of data and in what field the Execute_Task_Print_Job action needs so that it “knows” which order I’m reffering to.

I could even prepare the data in the KD_Task_Print_Template like (Waiter={PRODUCT NAME} - {ENTITY NAME:Table}) and only pass ‘Waiter’ as a command name and let it be printed as a Task.

What kind of waiter/order ready screen do you use?